TOGAF® 9 Foundation
Duration 2.5 days
A practice-oriented, comprehensive course leading to TOGAF 9 Level 1 (Foundation) certiﬁcation. Coverage of Enterprise Architecture using the TOGAF framework and Architecture Development Method. Updated to include coverage of TOGAF 9.1 release.
What Differentiates this Course?
The comprehensive case study is based on three real world EA projects and provides delegates with a much richer appreciation for the scope and subtlety of issues in real EA projects than typical class exercises.
Delegates will do individual and team assignments to apply knowledge and experience techniques first hand. This enhances learning and provides delegates with more confidence and a faster start when returning to their organisations.
TOGAF is valuable and extensive, but not perfect! Our extensive expertise allows us to supplement TOGAF in key areas to make it even more effective and valuable.
High Quality Delegate Materials
Includes electronic reference, pocket guide, self study guides for levels 1, sample exam, slides and additional references.
This course is intended for those who need an appreciation of Enterprise Architecture and an overview of TOGAF, but who do not require full certiﬁcation at level 2, which is intended for working/professional architects. It can be used to begin the journey to taking up an architect role. It would also beneﬁt CIOs, application portfolio managers, I.T. strategists, senior business analysts, programme managers, project managers, senior developers and those responsible for change programmes.
This course covers the body of knowledge required for TOGAF 9 certification at Level 1 (Foundation). The course is accredited by The Open Group.
Successful delegates, who complete the independent examination, will be registered with the Open Group as TOGAF Foundation qualiﬁed. Additional material over and above TOGAF is provided in order to put EA and modern architectures such as Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) into perspective. An in-depth case study based on real world situations shows application of techniques through a typical architecture implementation life-cycle. The 6+ practical assignments completed during the two days of training, learning from other delegates and the experience and expertise of the lecturer(s) combine to create a sound, practical, effective and compelling learning experience.
The course coverage is aligned with the requirements for course accreditation and delegate certification laid down by the Open Group. It includes:
- Concepts of and need for Enterprise Architectures
- Principles of EA and available frameworks
- Architecture vision, principles and goals
- Architecture Components and Framework coverage
- Architectures in the organisation, including Architecture Governance
- Business Architecture and Requirements
- TOGAF™ Architecture Development Method
- Architecture Phases (All covered by the ADM 'crop circle')
- Architecture Activities
- Architecture Deliverables and Viewpoints
- Examples of Business Process, Information, Applications and Technology Architectures
- Architecture Building Blocks
- The Enterprise Continuum and the role of a repository
- TOGAF Reference Models including:
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (IIIRM)
- The Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Architecture Skill Requirements
- Architecture Compliance and Maturity
- Meta Models and Tooling to practically achieve architecture benefits
Delegates completing the course are eligible to take the open group online examination to either certify at Level 1 (Foundation). These exams are available in all major centres at Prometric examination facilities. Bookings can be made online. Students will be provided with examination vouchers.
Delegates receive high quality printed notes, including presentation slides, case study materials and assignments. Selected sample solutions are also provided. A reference CD is provided with electronic copies of TOGAF Reference material and self study guide for level 1 certification examinations. The guide is approved by the Open Group. A web resource is provided with links, references and reading material. Delegates receive vouchers valid for one sitting of the relevant examination.
Location, Costs and Dates
Courses are offered in Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom), South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban), and Malaysia. It can be conducted onsite in other locations on request.
Please consult the latest schedule for dates and pricing in local currency.